Re: [O] what settings would make original export to pdf as good as pando

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] what settings would make original export to pdf as good as pandoc conversion?
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 17:30:30 -0700

On 3/9/18, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
> Type C-h v org-latex-classes RET for the full description.  The
> header-string can include those particular indent and skip settings
> along with other bits.

i consulted the docstring and the manual.  the description was greek
to me and there was no reference to qa term you used afaict.

but i figured out that article is the default and now know that you
want me to change header-string in that.  so i did this:

(with-eval-after-load 'org-latex
  (setf (second (assoc "article" org-latex-classes))
        ;; non-idempotent is undesirable
        (concat "\\setlength{\\parindent}{0pt}\\setlength{\\parskip}{6pt}"
                ;; repeating this form is undesirable
                (second (assoc "article" org-latex-classes)))))

which seems to set the variable correctly but has no effect.

it's ok to drop this.  i am limited in computer use and cannot sustain
more debugging cycles.

thanks for your help.