Re: [O] org mode error "pdf wasn't produced"

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] org mode error "pdf wasn't produced"
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 12:33:13 -0700

that probably means run:

pip install pygments

at a command line, assuming you have a working Python installation. If not, you can either get one, or don't use minted for syntax highlighting.

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 12:24 PM, Dereje Tefera <address@hidden> wrote:
I saw that there is one error:

 "! Package minted Error: You must have `pygmentize' installed to use this package." but   when I try to install from the package list says no match.
and a warning:

"Package inputenc Warning: inputenc package ignored with utf8 based engines."

Do you think it would be better to reinstall emacs?

Regards

Dereje

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 12:28 PM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wednesday, 14 Mar 2018 at 11:39, Dereje Tefera wrote:
> Dear John and R Jain,
>
> I have done all required installation for the Latex and it worked for a
> couple of times but it  then crashes. This is the error message I am
> getting while trying to export to Latex PDF or Beamer. I really appreciate
> your cooperation but I completely if you are busy.

So, it looks like LaTeX is now being found but that there are errors in
the LaTeX created by org.  Have you looked at the LaTeX output buffer,
as the error message suggests?

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "File
> \"c:/Users/deret/Desktop/examp3.pdf\" wasn’t produced.  See \"*Org PDF LaTeX Output*\" for details")

The error will likely be near the end of the buffer.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.6-303-g6cf5fc.dirty