Re: [O] R output with session polluted with ascii color codes

From: Tyler Smith
Subject: Re: [O] R output with session polluted with ascii color codes
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 15:22:50 -0400

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018, at 2:55 PM, William Denton wrote:
> On 16 March 2018, Tyler Smith wrote:
>
> Anyway, I tried again, and there was still no problem in Emacs.  That made me
> wonder if the difference was in R.  When I run "as_tibble(iris)" in the R
> console in a terminal I don't get the ASCII colour codes, so maybe that's
> where
> the difference lies?  I'm running R 3.4.2, compiled from source, on Ubuntu
> 17.10.

I've tried this as well, outside of Emacs. For me, it depends on which terminal
emulator I use. xterm displays the colours, while gnome terminal does not.
Which is odd, because I use ansi colour codes for my prompt and ls output
(etc), and those do display as expected in both xterm and gnome terminal.

Weird!

Thanks,

Tyler