[O] insert evaluation results in place

From: Zhihao Ding
Subject: [O] insert evaluation results in place
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 14:42:27 +0000

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could share an example for referencing the results of a source code block in place.

For example, a source code block could be defined as below

  #+HEADER: n_value
  #+HEADER: :results value
  #+HEADER: :noweb yes
  #+BEGIN_SRC R
    n_value=10
    n_value
  #+END_SRC

and I want to insert the result value after evaluation into a paragraph of text.

I currently evaluate the source code block first, then copy the stuff under "#+RESULTS:" to the target location. I want to make it in one go, especially when the output is just a single number.

Thank you,

Zhihao