Re: [O] Link "bracket-types"

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Link "bracket-types"
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 02:22:38 +0200

Michael Brand <address@hidden> writes:

> In the meantime I tried a changed org-activate-links
>
> #+begin_example
> -                   (visible-start (or (match-beginning 4) (match-beginning
> 2)))
> +                   (visible-start (or (match-beginning 4) start))
> -                   (visible-end (or (match-end 4) (match-end 2))))
> +                   (visible-end (or (match-end 4) end)))
> #+end_example

If you mean that fontification should show one pair of brackets instead
of hiding them all, I suggested it already, users found it added too
much cruft.

You may want to check ML archives about it.

> The search criteria is more complex because e. g.
> : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filter_(signal_processing)
> does not need brackets.

Of course. The search criteria is :

1. no description,
2. not an internal link,
3. path matches exactly `org-plain-link-re'.

I was merely giving you an idea.

> The changed org-activate-links works better for me than an automatic
> normalization as I don't need and want to change all
> : [[URL]]
> now and prefer something similar to lazy evaluation: Change such links
> only when I stumble upon for some other reason because after bracket
> removal or replacement with angle brackets I have to interact anyway
> with org-fill-paragraph and table realignment etc. because I used
> org-descriptive-links nil before.

Your function could take care of filling paragraph and re-aligning
table.

Anyway, about showing brackets in fontification, see above.