[O] comment alignment not lining up / C++//l OrgSrc Abbrev / Releasing E

From: Van L
Subject: [O] comment alignment not lining up / C++//l OrgSrc Abbrev / Releasing Emacs 26.1
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 23:24:00 +1000

Hello.

Here is a recipe reproducing a bug described in the post which is forward from.

— recipe begins

   - to reproduce faulty comment line up

     1) ~/2018/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -Q

     2) open file ~/Documents/x-reproduce-me

        (Fundamental) mode is on

     3) C-h C-a ; verify version is 26.1 rc-1

     4) enter the following into the file, place cursor at end of 43, save
file, M-x revert-buffer

        #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
        * Reading

        Chapters

        1)
        2) Page 43

        Local variables:
        mode: org
        paragraph-separate: "[  ]*$"
        coding: utf-8
        end:

        #+END_EXAMPLE

        (Org) mode is on ; show all ; place cursor at end of 43 ; type `M-j' ;
`<s' followed by TAB ; append cpp ; type (C-c ') without braces

        - see - http://emacs.scratch.space/public/org-mode-cpp-x-0.png

     5) Abbrev view opens in second pane

        type in the following

        #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
        void some_function() // function that doesn't return a value
        {
          double d = 2.2; // initialize floating-point number
          int i = 7; // initialize integer
          d = d+i; // assign sum to d
          i = d*i; // assign product i (truncating the double to an int)
        }
        // To align, highlight the region then
        // M-x align-regexp <RET> // <RET>
        #+END_EXAMPLE

        highlight the region of four lines in the body of the function

        do, M-x align-regexp <RET> // <RET>

        - the four line's comment are lined up

        do, C-c '

     6) we are out of the abbrev view

        - the line with `int i = 7;' has comment alignment not lining up

        - see - http://emacs.scratch.space/public/org-mode-cpp-x-1.png

        highlight the region of four lines in the body of the function

        do, M-x align-regexp <RET> // <RET>

        - the four line's comment are lined up

        - see - http://emacs.scratch.space/public/org-mode-cpp-x-2.png

        do, C-c '

     7) we are in the abbrev view

        - again, the line with `int i = 7;' has comment alignment not lining up

        - see - http://emacs.scratch.space/public/org-mode-cpp-x-3.png

— recipe ends

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Bastien <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: Releasing Emacs 26.1
> Date: 7 May 2018 at 22:05:40 AEST
> To: Van L <address@hidden>
> Cc: Phil Sainty <address@hidden>, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, John
> Wiegley <address@hidden>, Michael Albinus <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> Hi,
>
> Van L <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> On 7 May 2018, at 21:10, Phil Sainty <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> If the bugs are in new functionality, I wouldn't see any issue with
>>> leaving the improvements until the next release if necessary;
>>
>> In org mode for Emacs 26.1 rc-1, I see comment alignment for cpp not
>> lining up, see screenshot.
>
> I cannot reproduce this bug with Emacs 26.1 rc-1 and Org 9.1.12.
>
> Can you send it to address@hidden and provide a detailed recipe
> on how to reproduce it with emacs -Q?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --