Re: A dream?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: A dream?
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 09:30:34 +0300

* Eduardo Ochs <eduardoochs@gmail.com> [2023-04-16 01:45]:
> do you have a page in https://gnu.support/ explaining in detail how
> you teach Emacs to beginners? It would be nice to have something like
> that...

I just tell them to do Emacs Tutorial. There is no need for page when
it is built-in.

I tell them, open Emacs and do the tutorial, then let me know. Later
we do not talk much, we just do the work.

> Btw, I've taught Emacs to beginners many times, but as "Emacs-the-
> Lisp-environment", not as "Emacs-the-editor"... in some cases, like in
> LaTeX workshops, lots of students who had never used Emacs before were
> happily writing their own one-line elisp hyperlinks and defuns after
> just one hour, but in some other cases my approach failed miserably...

Answer is simple:
(info "(eintr) Top")

You could use that as curriculum for the workshop.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman