[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Notes on a clean install

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Notes on a clean install
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 19:56:57 +0800

Jody Klymak <address@hidden> writes:

> 1) emacs-wiki settings must be made before planner settings.  That
>    one had me scratching my head for a while.

Whoops. Any ideas for resolving this? You can also just run
(planner-update-wiki-project) at the end, before you (plan).

> 2) One possible point of confusion is having to use remember.el as
> something separate from planner. Why can't planner simply (require
> 'remember-planner)? I know they are really separate, but it may be a
> less confusing to the new user to do things that way.

Hmmm. You also need to

(setq remember-annotation-functions
      (append planner-annotation-functions remember-annotation-functions))
after you require whatever extra modules you want.

> 3) Could (require 'planner-id) be turned on by default?

Hmm. Might be a good idea.

> 4) I really like planner-update-note.  How does one un-"Narrow" the
>    buffer?  planner-narrow-to-section works kind of.   It'd be great
>    if there was an option to planner-update-page which could go
>    through all the notes and update them.

I think I've added a save-restriction. I'll work on planner-id support
for notes soon.

> 5) It would be nice if .el files that are required by default were
> somehow distinguished from those that need to be required
> separately.

I've broken these up into separate packages. planner.el and
emacs-wiki.el are the main files; everything else is required as
needed.

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun