[emacs-wiki-discuss] CVS repository

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] CVS repository
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:18:56 +0800

ARGH.

Okay, if people want a CVS view of the development going on in arch,
someone will have to sit down and explain the CVS way of doing things.
<grin> Arch has warped my brain. =)

Here's what we currently have in arch:

{emacs-wiki,planner,remember}--{stable,dev}--1.0, with changesets
usually just single-file patches (I try to keep the changes atomic)
and propagated from dev to stable.

Here's what I think we should have in CVS:

Modules:

emacs-wiki/
planner/
remember/

Branches:

stable
dev (the main branch)

This is, apparently, non-trivial. Particularly as I might have messed
the repository up with my experimentation. <sheepish grin>

As I don't know how to unmess up the repository and get arch and cvs
to play nicely with each other, a CVS view will have to wait. <sigh>

So, how does CVS work again?
--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun