[emacs-wiki-discuss] customizing variables?

From: Yvonne Thomson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] customizing variables?
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 14:52:33 +1000

Hi.

I've got a minor question. How are you deciding which variables apear in
the customize buffer, and which don't? Is it just that you haven't
gotten around to some of them, or what?

I do actually have a reason for asking this. I ran into a problem where
I needed cyclic tasks to be in a certain order, so I put them in the
diary file in a certain order. Of course, they appeared in the *reverse*
of the order I was looking for, <grin> <oops!>. After a bit of testing
and fiddling, I realised that tasks were always created at the top of
the task list. After even more fiddling, I came across
planner-add-task-at-end-flag
Which I set to t, and everything worked perfectly. Thing is, it wasn't
exactly in an obvious location, like near the top of the file,and it
didn't appear in the customize buffer, so it was a bit of a pain to
find. was there a reason I shouldn't change this? I ran across a bunch
of others like this and I was just curious.