[emacs-wiki-discuss] PlannerMode Info Nodes 3.1 & 3.2 -- Installation

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] PlannerMode Info Nodes 3.1 & 3.2 -- Installation
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:10:49 -0400

The nodes in the PlannerMode manual that discuss installation omit the
steps of byte-compiling and adding a pointer to the manual in the
Emacs top node.

I suggest adding to section 3.1:

3. Visit the file planner.el and do M-x byte-compile-file.  Do the
   same for emacs-wiki.el.

4. Visit the file dir in your Emacs info directory.  Add this line to
   install a pointer to the PlannerMode manual.  (Please see Texinfo
   for more information):

* Planner: (path/to/planner/plannermode). Organizer/day planner for
Emacs.

That's all.

Note that section 3.2 also requires these instructions, but they
should be numbered 4. and 5. respectively.

You might ask "Why should we include instructions on adding the manual
to the Emacs manual itself?  If the user is reading the manual, isn't
that sufficient?"  I would answer, "No, because the user may be
reading the online manual or the HTML version that's packed in the tar
file."

All the best!

Raymond Zeitler