[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: PHP + planner

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: PHP + planner
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 20:08:08 +0900

Joseph Kiniry <address@hidden> writes:

> I grabbed and customized .header and .footer and put them in my
> emacs-wiki-publishing-directory). emacs-wiki-publishing-directory is
> equal to planner-publishing-directory.

Okay, that sounds good so far...

> I also grabbed and customized today.php, planner-include.php, and
> calendar.php, but don't know exactly where to put them. Given the
> structure of the planner site, I put them in
> emacs-wiki-publishing-directory/include.

Mm hmm...

> If I go to http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/wiki/include/ I see two
> copies of each of these files, one with a .php extension, and one
> with a .phps.

The .phps is just a symlink that tells Apache to display the source of
the page instead of interpreting it as a PHP page. It's just for quick
reference. =)

> The site mentions something called "SideBar.php," but that link is
> empty.

Oh, I used to have a wiki page for a sidebar. I guess I must've
inlined it into my .header at some point in time. Thanks for pointing
this out!

> After doing all this, if I publish my wiki with emacs-wiki-publish,
> I get a large set of ".php" and ".php.php" files of the form seen
> in: http://www.kindsoftware.com/blog/

That's odd. AHA! I had two small bugs in index generation and
publishing. I think I've fixed them in dev and stable now. Could you
please confirm? Thanks! =D

> Perhaps by glancing at that content you'll know what I did wrong.

Entirely my error, so sorry.

> Thanks for any guidance.  As I half-mentioned before, I'm a hard-core
> technologist that has avoided PHP successfully since its inception, so
> just thinking about this kind of make me feel dirty. :)

^_^ The weird mix of Emacs Lisp and PHP must raise goosebumps. There's
an excellent planner-calendar.el module if you want to publish
calendars using pure Emacs Lisp...

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun