[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Emacs wiki maintenance

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Emacs wiki maintenance
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 01:34:44 -0500

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

> Perhaps adding the missing Emacs Wiki features to Muse, and providing
> a transitional HOWTO, would achieve that much more reliably.
> Improving Emacs Wiki only encourages its further development.  Which
> of course is your option, but I so no real reason for forking.

Yeah, I'll try as much I can to add any missing Emacs Wiki
features/fixes to Muse.  It will probably take at least a week or two
to comb through the sources for both projects so that I can understand
what needs to be done.  From what I've seen of the Muse sources, they
look quite nice.  It will be a bit of a relief to work with the
shorter names of Muse functions and variables.  ;^)

Are there any particular new abilities in Emacs Wiki that come to mind
as candidates for porting to Muse?

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:

> Would you like to take this as an excuse also to do the Debian
> packaging for emacs-wiki? <grin>

Making Debian packages is one thing I'd like to teach myself to do,
but it probably won't happen for at least a few weeks.  The "getting
acquainted" period for Emacs Wiki and Muse will probably take at least
that long :^) .  I'm not _yet_ a registered Debian developer, so that
might also affect my eligibility for this role for a while.

> Also, would anyone like to adopt the planner-muse project? <grin> I think
> that would be quite fun too.

What is the progress on that?  I haven't heard much about it.