[emacs-wiki-discuss] RE: New: planner-tasks-file-behavior

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] RE: New: planner-tasks-file-behavior
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:47:40 -0400

Hi Sacha and all:

When this thread first came up, I thought to suggest that Emacs should
modify the files without actually visiting them.  Of course that's
stupid.  I post now only because it might spark some ideas.  Does Emacs
support invisible buffers?

Anyway, I'd prefer that Planner leave only one file in the buffer list -
the current day page.  I carry forward many (long term) tasks, so I
typically start Planner, then close Emacs when the smoke clears.  Then I
immediately re-start Emacs and Planner.  My spd-kill-buffers is handy,
too, for mid-day use after several tasks have been modified.
Unfortunately, it also kills the current day page.

I can't comment on the patch because I'm a nervous ninny and run only
the stable branch.  I'm looking forward to trying it, though.

Thanks for all that you and the other maintainers do!

--
Raymond Zeitler <address@hidden>