[emacs-wiki-discuss] New Emacs Wiki commit

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] New Emacs Wiki commit
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 21:43:49 -0500

I've just committed patch-8 to the mirrors.  The only user-visible
change (other than menu support) is the bugfix provided by Jose
A. Ortega Ruiz that makes timestamp handling when moving old blog
entries a bit nicer.

Menu generation support has been added in the form of
emacs-wiki-menu.el.  To use it, simply do a (require
'emacs-wiki-menu).  The default header has been changed so that menus
are generated after the <h1> header.

By default, the generated menus will contain a listing of local
InterWiki projects in alphabetical order.  You will need to be up to
at least patch-166 on the Planner version from Sacha's archive, or
else you might see duplicate entries if you have changed the default
project name from "WikiPlanner".

I've combed through the ChangeLogs and added a copyright notice for
anyone who has contributed more than 8 lines of code to an emacs-wiki
file, as per my understanding of the GNU tradition.  Anyone who has
submitted an emacs-wiki related patch should have their name in the
"Contributors" section of the header of the file they contributed to.

If you don't see your name in a particular file and you know you
contributed a patch, please email me at (mwolson AT gnu DOT org).  I
will need to have a short description of what you've done and the
approximate day (within a month) of when you contributed your work so
I can verify it.

The reason this is necessary is that Muse is going to be bundled with
Emacs in the near future.  Since I will be aiding John Wiegley in
preparing for this, I will probably be consulting Emacs Wiki source
code to port over bug fixes and features.

As you can see, I have recently obtained a GNU email account, so I
will be using that for correspondence related to software projects.
This email address and my previous email address forward mail to the
same account, so I don't mind if you forget which one to use.

One other minor note: I changed the version to 2.9.0 instead of 3.0.0
so as not to conflict with the current Muse version string.

I plan to accomplish the following Emacs Wiki related tasks this week:

- Evaluate Marc Tommasi's macro patch(es).

- Evaluate Li Daobing's MathML patch(es).

- Figure out what (emacs-wiki-published-name "~your_login_name")
  should return.

- Include some sample files in an "examples" directory.  At the
  moment, candidates for inclusion are: header file, footer file, CSS
  stylesheet.  Any others?

- Try to become a Debian developer so that I can maintain the debian
  packages that go with emacs-wiki.  Possibly planner, also, depending
  on what Sacha wants.  This might take some time.

- Begin packaging a tarball on my website that has the latest version
  of emacs-wiki.

Thanks for all of the correspondence and patches that have poured into
my Inbox this past week!  :^)

--
Michael Olson  -  FSF Associate Member #652 -- Web: http://www.mwolson.org/
Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net -- IRC: bigmike160 on freenode.net: #muse, #pulug