Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner-Newbie

From: fouvry+emacs-wiki
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner-Newbie
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 16:45:18 +0100 (CET)

,-- On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 21:15:30 +0900, Sacha Chua wrote:

[...]

| <sheepish grin> I suppose the fact that I break Planner tasks down
| into really tiny tidbits can be somewhat reassuring. I don't have the
| brainspace for a major redesign.

True.  (the first sentence, I cannot judge about the second one ;-)

[...]

| I think that binary data or a complicated data structure is the wrong
| way to go, at least for Planner. In fact, if we could make planner
| data files even more unstructured, all the better.

Agree.

[...]

| There's a planner-auto that might be useful, although I haven't really
| focused on that. <muses> There was that tool for dumping autoloads,
| right?

Yes, that could be used (update-\(directory\|file\)-autoloads).  The
harder task is picking all autoloads that are needed ...  I hadn't
seen planner-auto.el yet, but it goes in the direction that I meant.
Just that with update-directory-autoloads it can be done
automatically.  I don't think the mapcar() call with require() is
necessary for autoloading (that is done anyway when the file is really
loaded).

Frederik