[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Synchronizing with PDA

From: Chris
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Synchronizing with PDA
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:42:26 +0000

There are some Perl modules for reading and writing palm PDB database files :

http://www.coldsync.org/#p5-Palm

It should therefore be possible to write some programs to do

emacs diary --> palm datebook
emacs bbdb  --> palm addresses
planner mode --> palm todo/notes (?)

with the advantage that perl runs on many OSs. Some elisp could send the correct fields to the perl programs.

If I had a one way interface for emacs diary to palm to begin with I'd be quite happy.

I use plucker to synchronise the published planner pages to the palm.

Chris