[emacs-wiki-discuss] Clair's planner screenshots

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Clair's planner screenshots
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 22:49:59 +0900

Clair Ching has posted a pretty newbie guide and a few screenshots
over at http://eclair.bizhat.com/emacs/plannernewbie.html ,
http://eclair.bizhat.com/emacs/plannerscreen1.html , and
http://eclair.bizhat.com/emacs/plannerscreen2.html .
This could be the newbie guide we've all been looking for... <grin>

(Clair, would you like to update the pages at
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/PlannerMode and
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/PlannerModeQuickStart ? =) )

Some tips:

- Adding (plan) to the end of your ~/.emacs means fewer keystrokes
  when starting Emacs up. <grin>

- You can C-x C-f (find-file) stuff instead of using less in
  shell-mode. If you want to use SPC for paging down, switch to M-x
  view-mode or use M-x view-file to open the file.

- Might be nice to link to the screenshots from the thoughts entry...

- Hmmm, we really should add a note about +1 when entering dates; handy
  way to procrastinate... (Ooh, did you know about them already? They're
  cool.)

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed