[emacs-wiki-discuss] bug report: screwed up all-digit anchors in http li

From: Vadim Nasardinov
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] bug report: screwed up all-digit anchors in http links
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 22:11:52 -0500

There seems to be a bug in the emacs-wiki-wiki-link-target function
that mangles http links that contain an all-digit anchor.  Consider
the following test wiki page (call it TestPage):

|#title Test Page
|
|[[http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2004-December/thread.html#00424][link]]

(sans the leading pipes).

If I position the Emacs cursor on the fontified word "link" and hit
<return>, the following link opens up in my browser:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2004-December/thread.html#note00424

The anchor "#00424" got replaced with "#note00424".

The offending piece of code seems to be this chunk in
emacs-wiki-wiki-link-target (defined in emacs-wiki.el):

  ;; Resolve numeric anchors to
  ;; `emacs-wiki-bare-digits-anchor-prefix'
  (when (string-match "#\\([0-9]+\\)" name)
    (setq name (replace-match
                (concat "#"
                        emacs-wiki-bare-digits-anchor-prefix
                        (match-string 1 name))
                t t name)))

M-x describe-variable emacs-wiki-bare-digits-anchor-prefix
has this to say:

    emacs-wiki-bare-digits-anchor-prefix's value is "note"

    Documentation:
    Prefix to add to anchors composed only of digits.

    Defined in `emacs-wiki'.

Mangling links in the above manner makes sense for those links that
have been auto-generated by, say, the emacs-wiki-contents-tag function
during publishing.  However, it screws up regular http links that the
user types in by hand.

I'm running Michael's emacs-wiki 2.66.

Thanks,
Vadim