[emacs-wiki-discuss] Version of Planner in Stable Branch?

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Version of Planner in Stable Branch?
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:23:26 -0500

I noticed that the version number of Planner stable gets updated even
though there are no changes to the code.  For example, version
2005.01.03-23.39-stable is identical to version 2004.12.15-23.04-stable,
with the exception of the version number itself.  And the time/date
stamps of all the el files are updated.  The changelog's most recent
entry is 2004-12-04 06:36:28, yet its time/date coincides with the
version.

Why is this?  It makes it difficult for me to determine whether I have
the latest stable version without needlessly downloading and opening the
archive.  Is it possible (and easy) to update the files only when the
code changes?

--
Raymond Zeitler <address@hidden>