[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Syncing with Palm?

From: Sven Kloppenburg
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Syncing with Palm?
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:16:32 +0100

Hi All,

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:

>>From http://www.willisbros.net/blog/index.php?p=508 :
>
>     ... since September I’ve had a very nice emacs-centric GTD
>     workflow in effect (most notably, i figured out how to get my
>     emacs planner file to my palm via, Plucker and a bit of
>     applescripting that you can get here)
>
> Can someone take a look at this and see how far we can get with that
> kind of approach? I'll work on exporting TODOs to icalendar and
> merging them back in, but multisync is just... err... too much for my
> small brain. Help! =)

I had a quick look at the script.

What it does is,

- to take the locally published planner files and call plucker
  to create a *read only* Version of this, what is then synced to the palm at
  the next hotsync.

- to mirror the locally published stuff to a remote website.

In my opinion, using plucker to create a readonly mirror of planner for the
palm is a good start. If someone (perhaps you can trick Jim Willis himself
into it :) would generalize the script and documented the requirements (MacOs,
growl, plucker), it could be nice to add it (or at least a link to it) to
planner.

But the Right Thing To Do in respect of PlannerOnPalm would IMHO be, to have
some kind of specialized interface to a mirrored Planner-Wiki on the palm.

<dream-mode>
We could have

- wiki functionality (inc. editing)
- two way syncing
- cross off actions with a tap
- move regions by selecting them and open a drop down selection of the most
- often used targets
- have links to DateBook
</dream-mode>

But this would mean programming a specialized Palm app.
--
bye, sven