[emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-multi: problems remembering notes

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-multi: problems remembering notes
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:48:26 -0500

I just installed the latest stable release of planner and
re-byte-compiled.  I've got planner-multi loaded and am noticing some
strange things when I remember notes.  Can someone help me figure out
what's wrong?  Maybe I overlooked a few settings?

First problem is that I cannot just press Enter to accept a single
default plan page.  If I do, it'll be interpreted as nil, and the note
will go only onto the day page.  So I have to type in the plan page
name, even if it's the default.

Second, when I enter two plan page names separated by spaces, three
notes will be created in the expected places: the two specified plan
pages and the day page.  But all three notes will have the same two
links and those links are to the notes on the two plan pages.  So the
link to the note on the day page doesn't get put onto the notes that get
created on the plan pages.

For example, PlanPage1 looks like this:

.#1 My Note Title 11:30 (PlanPage1:1 PlanPage2:1)

This is the note body.

PlanPage1

PlanPage2 looks like this:

.#1 My Note Title 11:30 (PlanPage1:1 PlanPage2:1)

This is the note body.

PlanPage2

And the Day Page 2005.01.28 looks like this:

.#1 My Note Title 11:30 (PlanPage1:1 PlanPage2:1)

This is the note body.

PlanPage1

Also, when I manually enter the link to the day page note, it becomes
active only if it's the last link on the line.

I'm using the version of remember.el and remember-planner.el that come
with this latest stable planner release.  I don't know whether it/they
have patch 21 applied.

Thank you for any help you can give!

--
Raymond Zeitler <address@hidden>