[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: about patches

From: Magnus Henoch
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: about patches
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:34:24 +0100

Raimund Kohl-Fuechsle <address@hidden> writes:

> now here comes a real silly question:  Here and there patches get
> published on this list ... where do I put them?  In my .emacs file?  Or
> in the apropriate xy.el?

You have already got two good answers, so I just want to point out
that this can be done in Emacs:  read the header of the patch to see
what file it modifies, and then type M-x ediff-patch-file.  Tell Ediff
that the patch is already in a buffer, namely the article buffer, and
then enter the file within your planner source directory to patch.
Afterwards, reload the patched file with M-x eval-buffer.

Ediff can be confusing sometimes, so use whatever method suits you.

Magnus