[emacs-wiki-discuss] RE: Two diary Qs: How do I update diary sections of

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] RE: Two diary Qs: How do I update diary sections of past pages? and Why is the first line missing?
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:35:14 -0500

Well, I figured out the answer to my second question, "Why doesn't
(planner-diary-entries-here) include the date string and the line
following?"

In planner-diary.el, there are two lines of code that move point past
the line of equal signs, effectively skipping the first two lines of the
diary entry.

Here's my "fix" for that, which merely comments out the statements, but
includes two closing parens on the next line:

                 (if (> no-of-days 1)   ; if more than 1 day, show
everything
                     (progn
                       (while (re-search-forward "^=+$" nil t)
                         (replace-match
                          (make-string (length (match-string 0)) ?-)))
                       (point-min))
                   ;; remove date and lots of =s if just for 1 day
                   (progn (goto-char (point-min))
; 02/04/05 RZ Commented out the next two statements so that date will be
included.
;                          (search-forward-regexp "^=+$") ; one or more
=
;                          (1+ (point))
                    ))
                 ;; remove final newline

A more elegant solution would introduce and test a Boolean variable that
the user can set to control whether the date string and subsequent line
of equal signs gets included in the day page.  Perhaps
`planner-diary-include-date-string-in-day-page' might be a good choice?

--
Raymond Zeitler <address@hidden>