[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Help please! trying to install diary

From: Jody Klymak
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Help please! trying to install diary
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:17:14 -0800

Hi Sharon,

Sharon Kimble <address@hidden> writes:

> I've been trying for some time now to install diary and reminder
> into my planner setup. I found planner yesterday and started using
> it, its very neat and potentially useful. But I'm having great
> difficulty in installing diary and reminder with it. Can anyone help
> me please?

What are you trying to do? and what is the difficulty you are having?

For diary integration I have:

(require 'planner-diary)
(setq planner-diary-use-diary t)
(planner-insinuate-diary)
(planner-insinuate-calendar)
(setq planner-diary-number-of-days 7)
(setq planner-diary-number-of-diary-entries 7)
(setq planner-diary-file diary-file)

For remember, I have:

(require 'remember);
(require 'remember-planner)
(setq remember-handler-functions '(remember-planner-append))
(setq remember-annotation-functions planner-annotation-functions)

I don't think you want to use remember-diary.el until you check out
the more basic versions first.  You should also read up on how diary
itself works.

Cheers,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak      http://opg1.ucsd.edu/~jklymak/