[emacs-wiki-discuss] Tag completion for Muse

From: Dan Pomohaci
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Tag completion for Muse
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 18:17:55 +0300

Hi,

Till now I used docbook for my documentation but even with nxml-mode I
was tired to type elements. I discovered Muse and I like it very much
(less typing, clearer text :). Thank you for this wonderful software!

I borrowed the function emacs-wiki-insert-tag posted on this list and
adapted it for Muse:

(defcustom muse-default-tag "example"
  "*The default tag when creating new ones with `muse-insert-tag'."
  :group 'muse-publish
  :type 'string)
(make-variable-buffer-local 'muse-default-tag)

(defun muse-insert-tag ()
  "Insert a tag pair with blank line between them.
The cursor is placed between the tags."
  (interactive)
  (let ((markup-tag (completing-read
                     (concat "Tag: (default " muse-default-tag ") ")
                     (mapcar 'car muse-publish-markup-tags)
                     nil t nil nil muse-default-tag)))
    (insert (concat "\n<" markup-tag ">\n\n</" markup-tag ">\n")))
  (forward-line -2))

Now my only concern is to convert my old docbook files to Muse. Is a
converter already done or I must do it myself?

Regards,
Dan Pomohaci