[emacs-wiki-discuss] Extended Plan Page Task Queue

From: Peter K . Lee
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Extended Plan Page Task Queue
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 07:49:20 -0700

Hi Group,

I've made an *improvement* to the Plan Page Task Queuing code as
posted on:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/PlannerModeContrib

I've posted my code snippet on the wiki page above.

Here's a brief summary I wrote up for the addition.

,----[ Extended Plan Page Task Queue ]
| Inspired by the above code snippet, the following tid bit introduces
| interactivity to the next step queuing process. In short, *saint/
| planner-prompt-next-plan-task* can be called at any time to schedule the next
task
| (unfinished or new) for the selected Plan. It can also be tied in to
planner-task-done
| which allows for seamless transition to the task that you wish to continue
working on. By
| specifying a new task description during the selection phase, it
automatically creates a
| new task for the given Plan page. You can disable integration with
planner-task-done by
| (setq planner-prompt-next-plan-task nil).
`----

I can picture a work flow scenario in which this routine is used as an
entry point to a given Plan project at the start of the day, and
having it automatically track you through unfinished/new tasks for the
given Plan as you knock them off the list.

Of course, it can be invoked whenever you wish to swap to a different
Plan project.

I personally have it bound globally to (kbd "C-x p TAB").

Although this is my first contrib, I hope it will be considered for
possible inclusion to the Planner tree!

Please, do give it a whirl and send me any feedback as you see fit.

-Peter

--
B 01110011 01100001 01101001 01101110 01110100
Managing Member @ CORENOVA,LLC. M:919-641-6314

CORENOVA> ./freedom. intoxicating. <RET>