[emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-3.30 released

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-3.30 released
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 19:34:18 +0800

Hello, everyone!

I'm pleased to announce planner 3.30 with numerous bugfixes and
tweaks, and a couple of new things you might want to take note of. (I
should merge tweaks and new stuff, I guess.)

    Bugfixes:
    * dev/382: Bugfix: XEmacs: condition-case instead of 4-arg require, menu
    * dev/385: Bugfix: Make planner-sort-tasks stop causing backtraces
    * dev/386: Bugfix: planner-replan-note should properly add notes to
non-wiki-named pages
    * dev/387: Bugfix: planner-gnus-browse-url: Load group even if registry is
not used
    * dev/389: Bugfix: planner-sort-tasks should use 5-arg sort-subr for older
GNU Emacs
    * dev/390: Bugfix: planner-sort-tasks: Remove non-fontification code
    * dev/392: Bugfix: planner-list-tasks-with-status: Fix
insert-file-contents(nil) backtrace
    * dev/397: Bugfix: planner-bibtex-regexp: Fix typo. planner-el.texi: Add
note about allout.el
    * dev/399: Bugfix: planner-extract-tasks: Accept list of pages
    * dev/395: planner-list-tasks-with-status bugfix: Deal with undated tasks;
do not touch planner-task-format

    Tweaks:
    * dev/381: planner-vm: Turn on annotations in vm-presentation-mode
    * dev/383: planner-multi-read-name-multiple-prompts: Easier multiple inputs
    * dev/384: Improve support for putting files in subdirectories
    * dev/388: Tweak: planner-copy-or-move-region does not include last line if
at start of line
    * dev/391: sync with jeho/61-68: planner-appt updates.
    * dev/393: planner-list-tasks-with-status: Put an insane amount of meaning
into a PAGES argument
    * dev/394: planner-list-unfinished-tasks: Add PAGES argument

    New:
    * dev/400: planner-lisp: Allow arbitrary Lisp expressions
    * dev/396: NOTE: planner-tasks-file-behavior new default: 'close

    Docfix:
    * johnsu01/4-8: Documentation fixes.
    * dev/398: Docfix: planner-el.texi refers to wrong URL
    * dev/401: Docfix: planner-lisp: Add arbitrary functions example

You can get the stable tarball from
http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/emacs/sacha-stable.tar.gz or the deb
from http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/emacs/planner/ ./ .

I'm experimenting with a new tagging system to make it easier for
people who are on stable to stay with the version that works for them
instead of having to worry about new code or behavior. To wit, I've
tagged the previous release as planner--stable--3.29 and backported
some of the relevant bugfixes, and I've tagged the current release as
planner--stable--3.30.

planner--stable--1.0 refers to whatever the latest stable is. This is
where bugfixes come in. If you like getting new features every so
often and trust that some time in --dev is enough to iron out most of
the kinks in development code, keep your planner--stable--1.0
checkout.

planner--stable--3.29 will not acquire any new features, so you're
basically frozen at that particular featureset. I'll try to keep
backporting bugs from future releases of stable. Check this one out if
you're happy with your system as it is. Note that not all of the
things in dev have made it to this release.

planner--stable--3.30 is the current stable. Check it out if you want
the tweaks and new stuff but don't want anything beyond that.

If this sounds like I'm being obsessive-compulsive, don't worry, you
can stay on planner--stable--1.0 and update whenever you feel like it.

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed