Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner and Spotlight (OS X)

From: Alan Schussman
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner and Spotlight (OS X)
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 17:10:15 -0700

On Jun 6, 2005, at 4:52 PM, Jody Klymak wrote:

Spotlight can find the filenames if I type part of it in, but it cannot find phrases within the files. Does yours? Maybe Quicksilver's catalogue allows you to specify the contents of "~/ Plan" as text files and Spotlight respects that. If so, I'll give it a try.

Aaah, you're quite right, sorry I misunderstood -- I should have noticed, but didn't, that the text I was searching was also showing up in the filename. So no, it doesn't look like I have any luck, either. I've seen some discussion of adding file types to spotlight, but it's pretty low-level and I've not quite nutted up to it yet.

-Alan