Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Planner - Plan Pages - Tasks

From: Chris McMahan
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Planner - Plan Pages - Tasks
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 11:15:51 -0400

That's a good question. Unless I have a specific date in mind, I
always default to placing tasks on today's page (the suggested value
on creating a task)

On trying this, the task is only placed in the page I specify on
creating it (the plan page you're on, or if on the daily page, the
taskpool), but not the daily page. No daily page, no task to carry
forward.

You can default to a single page for all of your unscheduled tasks as
well, and then access that task page when prioritizing the tasks. Go
to the task and execute the function

  planner-copy-or-move-task

to copy it to a daily page of your choice. Once it hits that daily
page, it will be carried forward.

The disadvantage here is that the task is now separated from the plan
page that it might relate to. hmmm....

- Chris

--
    Chris McMahan | address@hidden