[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-muse & desktop.el broken?

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-muse & desktop.el broken?
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 20:31:51 -0500

Peter K.Lee <address@hidden> writes:

> Before I switched over to using Muse as the backend, all my buffers
> came back as "Planner" buffers.  However, now they come back as
> "Fundamental" buffers (basically the default).

Could it be that the desktop is being restored before Planner has been
loaded?

> [snip]
>
> If you know where it is and will take you all of 2 seconds to fix
> it, please go ahead and do so, but at least give me a pointer to
> where it happens, since I'd also like check out how it works. :)

The method that Muse uses in order to determine whether to load itself
in a newly-opened buffer is `muse-mode-maybe' in muse-mode.el.  The
customization variable `muse-mode-auto-p' inserts this function into
`find-file-hooks' if its setting is non-nil.

Toggling the value of `desktop-save-mode' might possibly work; hard to
say though.

If none of these suggestions fixes the problem, sending (a perhaps
shortened) part of your .emacs settings might enable me to figure out
what the problem is.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: anime, Debian, XHTML, wiki, Emacs Lisp