[emacs-wiki-discuss] Special characters escaping

From: Julien Barnier
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Special characters escaping
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 22:39:36 +0200

Hi to all,

This is my first post on this list, so first of all I would like to
thank everybody very much for the work done on emacs-wiki, planner and
muse. I don't really use planner (yet), but it seems to me that
muse-mode is really a great piece of software. So thanks again.

Next, well, a little problem. I use muse with the latest main arch
version, and I have some difficulties with special characters.

- In html-xhtml publishing, it seems that special characters such as <,
  " or & are only escaped into entities if they are inside a markup tag
  (such as <example>...</example> or even =...=). Otherwise, they are
  not transformed.

- In latex or pdf publishing, I have a problem with special characters
  in extended links. If I put a link like :

  [[http://url_withUnderscore/][http://url_withUndescore/]]

  the second underscore is not escaped into \_, producing a latex
  compilation error.

I don't know if this is a normal behaviour.

Thanks again,

Julien