[emacs-wiki-discuss] Recent changes to emacs-wiki/planner; please report

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Recent changes to emacs-wiki/planner; please report bugs if they exist
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 02:18:17 -0500

I did a lot of hacking on planner and emacs-wiki recently, with the
goal of eliminating the possibility of overwriting your
Planner/emacs-wiki files by accident via a "Save buffer *temp*<1>"
message.

One inevitable result of this is that you will probably have to update
the content of the <lisp> tags in your headers and footers slightly.
If you've updated to my latest development tarball or replayed my most
recent Arch changes, you should do the following.

 - Change any use of `buffer-file-name' to `emacs-wiki-current-file'.

The `emacs-wiki-current-file' variable is only set at publish time,
and contains the name (and path) of the file that is currently being
published.

Planner note :: This required two or three changes to Planner, so I've
  added a few more patches to my planner--mwolson--1.0 branch to deal
  with this.

Muse note :: Muse already implements this protection.  I added a
  `muse-current-file' to Muse so that it would be easier to migrate
  from emacs-wiki in the future.

Please let me know if you experience any problems or unexpected side
effects from these recent changes, as I will probably put together
Release Candidate 3 of emacs-wiki next week.

**Reminder**: If you use Planner and update to the latest emacs-wiki
changes, you will need my patches to Planner in order for things to
work smoothly.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: anime, Debian, XHTML, wiki, Emacs Lisp