Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-multi and planner-timeclock-summary

From: Dryice Liu
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-multi and planner-timeclock-summary
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 08:48:57 +0800

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> wrote:

> Chris Parsons <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'm currently taking a hiatus from planner-mode based on the need to
>> be more portable whilst I try and integrate GTD into my life. Also,
>> the fact that planner-multi and planner-timeclock-summary don't work
>> together well, and I don't have time to fix it, currently prevent me
>> from using it.
>
> Wish, command, yadayada. I've just tweaked the planner-multi +
> planner-timeclock + planner-timeclock-summary interaction.
> planner-timeclock now saves the additional plans and
> planner-timeclock-summary defaults to reporting things under the first
> plan. You can use planner-timeclock-task-plan-as-list to get a list of
> multiple projects; with some tweaking, you can get the tasks reported
> under multiple headings. Would that be a good idea?

If we get the tasks reported under multiple headings, there will be a
problem counting the "Ratio" column, depending on how we count the
"total time":

If we count the duration of the "multiple" task several times, the
ration won't be quite accurate. And if someone use multiple tasks a
lot, he/she may work more than 24 hours a day :)

And if we count the duration of the "multiple" task only once, if
someone add all the "ratio" by hand, he/she will find it be more than
100%.

Any better idea? Between these two I think the second one do "less
harm".

--
Dryice @ http://dryice.3322.org

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/sylvester-response.html