Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Help! Planner is taking over my emacs!

From: Seth Falcon
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Help! Planner is taking over my emacs!
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 10:40:00 -0700

On  1 Jul 2005, address@hidden wrote:
> That looks like an excellent way to do it. Glad you found a way that
> works nicely! =) Is this something we should make the default?

I'm not sure if it should be the default or not, but it would be nice
if there was an option, I guess in planner-trunk.el, that toggles
whether or not the "trunking" happens automatically or not.

It _can_ be disconcerting to see tasks "vanish".  With my current
setup, if I C-c C-x a task, it gets trunked to the bottom (and out of
sight) instantly; the effect is of it disappearing.  Keeps things
organized, but you lose a little psychological satisfaction of seeing
the crossed-out task ;-)

Question:

I have planner-tasks-file-behavior set to 'close.  What I like about
this is that I don't have to worry about unsaved buffers that I didn't
even know where open.  If Emacs crashes, I lose less info (or less
time trying to sort out the recovery).

But this means task actions on my current buffer result in an an
automatic save.  This is a bit aggresive.  I would like the
auto-saving of buffers _except_ for my current planner buffer.  Does
that make any sense?  Is there a reasonable way to achieve this?

Hmm, I just found planner-save-buffers.  Maybe I should go back to
p-t-f-b set to nil and just get in the habit of calling p-s-b...

+ seth