[emacs-wiki-discuss] emacs-wiki-journal add-on

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] emacs-wiki-journal add-on
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 23:06:28 +0200

Hi. A thing I disliked of the way emacs-wiki-journal stores old
entries and creates a new page is that the newly created journal page
loses all traces of the latest journal entries (except for a 'more
entries' link at the bottom of the page).

To alleviate this context loss, I've modified emacs-wiki-journal.el by
adding a new customisable variable,
emacs-wiki-journal-add-last-page-links, which, when set to t (the
default), adds links to the previous page entries after the 'more
entries' link. This is accomplished with a <lisp></lisp> tag that
contains a call to a new function generating the index.

You can view how it looks in my weblog
(http://tao.uab.es/jao/journal). The code is available in a branch of
Michael's emacs-wiki-journal--main--1.0--patch-5 in the following
archive:

Archive: http://tao.uab.es/jao/archives/2005
Category: emacs-wiki-journal--jao--1.0

Michael, if you feel like merging it in your 'official' archive, I'd
be delighted. And of course, any suggestion for improvements are welcome.

Thanks,
jao
--
Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste they hurry past it.
                               -Soren Kierkegaard, philosopher (1813-1855)