[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Header is not working

From: drkm
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Header is not working
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 00:55:53 +0200

Chris McMahan writes:

> For testing, I pasted the default value of muse-xhtml-header into a
> file called header.html and replaced the "\n" with an actual linefeed.

  What do your files exactly look like?

  I guess you pasted the escaping backslashes as well.  Is it
right?  So instead of using the result of evaluating the
variable, you copied and pasted the lines you found in the source
file.  Right?  So your file contains things like:

    (concat \"string\" ...

(what's important here is the backslash).

  In Emacs Lisp, "this is a string", but \"this\ is\ a\ symbol\".
The easiest way to correct this is to copy the *evaluation* of
the variable:

    C-x C-f [your-file] <RET> C-x h C-w C-u M-: muse-xhtml-header

--drkm