[emacs-wiki-discuss] Format of date in planner-cyclic.el tasks?

From: Alex Kavanagh
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Format of date in planner-cyclic.el tasks?
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 21:47:01 +0100

Hi list

My adventure with planner continues!  I'm now using integration with
Wanderlust and I've now come to my next problem.

I'd like to use planner-cyclic.el to schedule regular tasks that will
occur on the 1st Friday of each month, or the 3rd of a month, etc.
The problem is that I can't work out how to format the line in the
diary.cyclic-tasks file.

In the notes in planner-cyclic.el I've seen this:

Tuesday #B0 _ Study Japanese

Then, in a post I goggled for I saw:

July 1 #A _ Test cyclic tasks

(which I guess means 'every July 1' ???)

Then elsewhere I saw:

*/*/* #A _ task done every day.

I'm thoroughly confused now.  Has anyone got an explanation of how
planner-cyclic tasks should be formatted?

Many thanks
Alex.