[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: missing defvaralias

From: Marco Gidde
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: missing defvaralias
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 08:43:32 +0200

largo-linux <address@hidden> writes:

> largo-linux <joelvsmith <at> earthlink.net> writes:
>

>> > (defvaralias 'journal-default-page 'emacs-wiki-default-page)
>> >

>> i tried the following workaround...  i commented out the defvaralias line and
>> then every time journal.el uses journal-default-page i replaced it with
>> emacs-wiki-default-page.  is there anything i should be aware of (i.e.
>> writing
>> over things i shouldn't) with this fix?
>>

> i think i messed it all up.  i saved an entry once and then i added more to
> the
> entry and it wouldn't save.  it gave the error that it didn't know how to
> unformat the page...  i'd really like to use journal.  any ideas how to fix
> this?

I think you waste your time since defvaralias is part of the core
elisp engine (src/eval.c in CVS emacs). I use

  GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (i586-suse-linux, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)

and while defvaralias is not documented, at least it is there and
probably works. You should download a recent emacs from one of the
usual places and try it with that one.

--
Marco Gidde