Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner data design, was Re: planner: why "

From: Patricia J. Hawkins
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner data design, was Re: planner: why "move" tasks instead of copy?
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 17:18:20 -0400

SC> planner-id does the autoupdate for tasks. I suppose we could create a
SC> buffer-local variable containing the task list recognized when a page
SC> is loaded and it's easy to detect tasks that have been added or
SC> deleted, but we'd need to do something magical to detect tasks that
SC> have been modified. We may need to mess around with post-command-hook
SC> or something like that, and... err... I can't wrap my mind around
SC> something like that yet. Anyone up for a challenge? =) Get non-ID
SC> manual task editing to work? =)

Lessee...  lessee...the crude version:
-- on open, create a list ((task# l_start l_end)(task# l_start l_end)...)
-- track the current line #s of point & mark in a list
-- you'd need to notice line additions/deletions, but maybe that's a
   solved problem.
-- on save, if file modified, update any tasks that point & mark have
   been in.

d'oh, make a task a sexp, & I bet there's good stuff to steal from code modes,
say
python-mode.  Or from fontlock.

Or --
on open, make a list containing a hash for each task, & if
that has changed on save, update the sucker.

if you did my planner-master-locator-file thing, you could save a hash
for each task in the planner-mastor-locator file when tasks are
created/updated, & just check that.

--
Patricia J. Hawkins
Hawkins Internet Applications