[emacs-wiki-discuss] [merge request] Makefile system and included Debian

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] [merge request] Makefile system and included Debian files
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 01:38:56 -0500

Archive: address@hidden
Branch: planner--mwolson--1.0
Location: http://www.mwolson.org/archives/2005
Patches: 13-15

mwolson/13: Implement Makefile system and include Debian files.
mwolson/14: Tweak Debian package building further.
mwolson/15: Fix Muse-ism.

I've implemented a Makefile system for Planner.  It is similar to the
one I use for muse and emacs-wiki.  Feel free to hack on it and adapt
it to suit your needs.  In particular, the scripts directory could
potentially house some of your maintenance scripts.

Edit Makefile.defs to change which version of Emacs to use, the
current version of planner, and the project name for Planner that you
want to use (i.e. "planner-muse" for the Muse port).  I had to make 2
simple changes to planner.el to get compilation to work.

You will need to edit scripts/planner-build.el, the External programs
section, if you have any helper programs in odd places (emacs-wiki,
gnus, erc, etc.).  If these are not found, parts of planner will
silently fail to compile.  Hmm, these instructions really should go
into a README file, but I'm all hacked out for the night ... the one
included with Muse or emacs-wiki might make a good template ... hint
hint.

You might need to edit the debrelease target so that the generated
Debian packages go to the right place.  For me, that's ../../dist.

The debian files are also included.  I had to re-add ChangeLog to make
the build work.  I got rid of a few build errors that I came across.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: anime, Debian, XHTML, wiki, Emacs Lisp