[emacs-wiki-discuss] Errors trying to use Planner with XEmacs

From: Jason Karney
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Errors trying to use Planner with XEmacs
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:54:50 -0400

Hi,

I am writing regarding an error I experience when using planner with
XEmacs (21.4.13 on win32, latest stable version).

After scouring the web a couple of days, I found the referenced
posting on the email list, which is similar to my error: I can not
execute the function (plan) without getting the error: List nesting
exceeds `max-lisp-eval-depth`. I can go ahead and create a task or
note in the plan page, but once I'm done, I get the same error, but
the task never shows up (and the buffer doesn't get syntax
highlighting).

I also see a related warning about: Error caught in
font-lock-pre-idle-hook (which is apparently where the nesting error
occurs).

I tried increasing the eval-depth, but that didn't help.

I don't see this issue in GNU Emacs... but I'd prefer to use Xemacs,
if possible. :)

One other thing -- previously I was seeing an error about
(line-beginning-position). When I explicitly require emacs-wiki.el in
my init.el, that error goes away. I only get this error under XEmacs.
It must be something with the compatibility functions, although I'm
not sure exactly what.

Any thoughts or help are appreciated. Thanks!

--Jason