Literate programming and Muse (was: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] new user qu

From: A.J. Rossini
Subject: Literate programming and Muse (was: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] new user questions - configuration, timeclock, nested task, publishing)
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 20:17:59 +0200

The general idea is to move the literate data analysis approach away
from the noweb format, which while it works, is usually overkill.
Also, LaTeX as a format annoys more people than its worth (not to get
rid of it, but to use Muse's LaTeX backend).

I really like muse (in its wiki-mode disguise) and planner-muse is
indespensible for tracking my much too large to-do list.  But I also
need a means for storing code snippets in planner-muse (for generating
off-the-network answers) and in muse/wiki (where I have most of my
notes, probably half of which are R (or SAS, or XLispStat, or Python,
or Scheme, or C++) -- and in doing so, am back to wanting Muse as my
literate programming platform.  I think it would make a nice one, and
I'm less than thrilled with the design of the noweb mode we use for
ESS's literate statistical analysis facility.  It works, and I use it,
but...

best,
-tony