Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: feature request: make muse aware of allout'

From: A.J. Rossini
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: feature request: make muse aware of allout's outline syntax
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 06:13:01 +0200

On 10/3/05, Michael Olson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Jesse Alama <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I'd like to use muse to publish outlines in multiple formats
> > (specifically, XHTML and PDF).  My favorite tool for doing making
> > outlines is allout-mode.  If I turn on allout-mode in a muse
> > document, make an outline, and publish it, I get some strange
> > results.  The main problem seems to be that muse doesn't know about
> > allout's syntax for outlines.  It would be great if muse and allout
> > would cooperate better; that is, if muse would be aware of the
> > structure of outlines generated with allout.
> >
> > I'm thinking of taking up this problem for myself; I'd love to hear
> > any suggestions you may have.
>
> I'd love to see any patches that you come up with.  I like it when
> Muse Just Works with a lot of different modes.

Another incestuous linkage would be with imenu (and hence, ecb).  It
would be nice if better navigation for large documents was possible
(I'm referring to both allout and muse, though perhaps the former is
done and I've just not found the right settings to tweak)?

best,
-tony

address@hidden
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we can easily
roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).