[emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-frame: devote a frame to the Planner

From: Jesse Alama
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-frame: devote a frame to the Planner
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 19:08:52 -0700

Today I decided finally to devote some time to making planner better
for me. I often wanted to think of planner as a bona fide emacs
application in its own frame like emacs-w3m and gnus, but I ended up
having to really work to think about planner this way.  Part of that
is to be expected: Planner is supposed to be a kind of pervasive
application in the way that emacs-w3m and gnus are not.  Nonetheless,
it seems to me that some progress can be made by putting the Planner
in its own frame, making it more like emacs-w3m (see
`w3m-pop-up-frames') and gnus (`gnus-other-frame').  The result is
planner-frame.el: a way to devote a distinguished frame to the
Planner.  I've attached the first revision.  Try it out; see how you
like devoting a frame to planning.  Comments and criticism are
welcome.  I've tested this on Emacs CVS (very recent -- no more than a
week old) running on Mac OS X.  I hope that it works on XEmacs as well
as earlier versions of Emacs, but I've not tested these platforms.

Cheers,

Jesse

Jesse Alama (address@hidden)