Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: transitioning to muse

From: Yvonne Thomson
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: transitioning to muse
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:09:52 +1000

At Tue, 18 Oct 2005 01:01:00 +0100,
Jim Ottaway wrote:

> Ahh yes, of course, that's because muse-read-project-file returns a cons:
>
> ELISP>  (muse-read-project-file "notes" "file: ")
> ("charity" . "/home/jeho/Notes/charity")
>
> So you have to take the car of that to get the file/page.  I didn't
> try the two parts together so I didn't notice that.

Ahhhh. Thanks a lot. Now it makes some kind of sense.

All I have to do now is convert the rest of the functions, <grin>. And,
since there seems to be some interest from others, make it look halfway
like an actual emacs module. I'll clean it up and post it somewhere. If
nowhere else, at least here.

> Oh, I see.  I suppose you could separate out the conditional thing
> into a separate function you could re-use.  You would have to deal
> with going backwards too; but I suspect that there are more problems
> than I appreciate: I don't know anything about emacspeak.

Basically, you're right. I pretty much separated out the cond into its
own function, and call that from next and previous reference.

The thing is, if you don't go through all that stuff, the *only* thing
it speaks are links with descriptions, which half the planner links
don't have. And once you solve *that* problem, you realise that any link
that looks like
http://www.emacswiki.org
in your text are silent, since they're implicit links, not explicit,
<grin>.

I'll say this much. the current system may work better, but gees it's a
pain to use sometimes.