RE: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Anchors and Lists and file extensiondefault

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: RE: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Anchors and Lists and file extensiondefaults---migrating from html and emacs-wiki
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:04:35 +0100

Michael Olson wrote:
> "Phillip Lord" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> I've tried to implement this in the following patch.
>
> 2005-10-21 14:39:50 GMT       Michael Olson <address@hidden>
patch-252

>     line. Revision:
>       muse--main--1.0--patch-252
>
>     * lisp/muse-publish.el (muse-publish-markup-regexps): Allow
>       non-word characters before anchor, like " - ".  Thanks to
>       Phillip Lord for the suggestion.
>
>     modified files:
>      ChangeLog lisp/muse-publish.el

I've tried this out, and it seemed to work. Thank you very much.

>> Finally, I have a general comment on initially emacs-wiki and now
>> muse.  I would put a plea that the default behaviour to have no file
>> extension be changed. [...] I was very happy to discover
muse-mode-auto-p and
>> muse-file-extension. I'd suggest that "nil" and "muse" be set as
>> default.
>
> I agree.  I guess I'll go ahead and do this.

Excellent!

>> Incidentally, would there be any interest in my ".ht" publishing
>> style.  It's quite small, and I expect that the number of people in
>> the world insane enough to use both muse and ht2html (another
>> excellent package) will be quite small....
>
> I am indeed interested in seeing your ".ht" publishing style.  What is
> ht2html?

http://ht2html.sourceforge.net

It's basically a python "style sheet" engine. The obvious thing to
do, of course, we be to re-write the end functionality directly
into a muse publishing engine, but I haven't really got time
to do that at the moment. It's basically just a small extension to
the html mode.

Cheers

Phil