[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: where does emacs-wiki end and muse begin?

From: Paul Lussier
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: where does emacs-wiki end and muse begin?
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:42:17 -0500

Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:

> No.  But you might want to (require 'muse-wiki), which adds WikiName
> support for Muse.

I had that set up already...

>> - Do I still need to customize emacs-wiki variables, or are the now
>>   muse variables?
>
> No, you don't need to customize emacs-wiki variables.

Hmmm, okay.  It appears I was doing (require emacs-wiki-table) which
might have been dragging in the emacs-wiki bits.

> planner-option-customized does the functional equivalent of "set" now,
> so there's no need to use it anymore.
>
> By the way: if you want project-specific settings, use the :set tag in
> muse-project-alist like this.
>
> (setq muse-project-alist
>       `(("Diary"
>          ("~/personal/diary"
>           ;; other stuff
>           :set (variable1 value1
>                 variable2 value2
>                 variable3 value3))
>          (:base "planner-xhtml"
>               :path "~/personal/diary/www")))
>        ;; other projects)
>
> It's much like the syntax for setq.

Okay, I tried this:

(if (string-match "taz" (system-name))
    (setq planner-project-default-name "Diary")
  (setq planner-project-default-name "Planner"))

(setq muse-project-alist
      `(("Diary"
         ("~/personal/diary"
          :force-publish ("Index")
          :default "DiaryWelcome"
          :major-mode planner-mode
          :visit-link planner-visit-link
          :set (planner-directory "~/personal/diary"
                planner-defaul-page "DiaryWelcome")
         (:base "planner-xhtml"
                :path "~/personal/diary/www")))

        ("Planner"                    ;; use value of `planner-project'
         ("~/work/Plans"              ;; where my Planner pages are located
          :default "TaskPool"         ;; use value of `planner-default-page'
          :major-mode planner-mode
          :visit-link planner-visit-link
          :set (planner-directory "~/work/Plans"
                planner-defaul-page "DefaultPlan")))
         (:base "xhtml"
                ;; value of `planner-publishing-directory'
                :path "~/public_html/Plans")))

And for some reason, I'm still getting the following:

  planner-project's value is "WikiPlanner"
  planner-project-default-name's value is "Diary"
  planner-directory's value is "~/Plans"
  planner-publishing-directory's value is "~/public_html/planner"
  planner-default-page's value is "TaskPool"

So, it appears that the planner-project's value is getting correctly
set by my (if ...) form, but nothing else is getting correctly set by
the muse-project-alist form.

So, I tried this:

(require 'planner)
(if (string-match "taz" (system-name))
    (progn ((planner-option-customized 'planner-directory "~/personal/diary")
            (planner-option-customized 'planner-publishing-directory
                                       "~/personal/diary/www")
            (planner-option-customized 'planner-project "Diary")
            (planner-option-customized 'planner-project-default-name "Diary")
            (planner-option-customized 'planner-default-page "DiaryWelcome")))

  (progn ((planner-option-customized 'planner-directory "~/work/Plans")
          (planner-option-customized 'planner-publishing-directory
                                     "~/public_html/plans")
          (planner-option-customized 'planner-project "Planner")
          (planner-option-customized 'planner-project-default-name "Planner")
          (planner-option-customized 'planner-default-page "WorkPlanner"))))

But emacs choked on the planner-option-customized stuff:

Error in init file: Invalid function: \
 (planner-option-customized (quote planner-directory) "~/personal/diary")

I've made sure that my .emacs is referencing none of the old planner
or emacs-wiki stuff, and that everything looks at muse and
planner-muse... Any ideas?

Thanks.
--

Seeya,