[emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-multi question

From: Paul Lussier
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-multi question
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:11:26 -0500

Hi,

Is there anyway to configure the order of links for a task or note
created under planner-multi?  The problem I'm trying to solve is this:
I want to link a task to several different project pages for
time-keeping purposes (using planner-timeclock) I had hoped there
would be some way of using planner-multi to link to multiple
locations, then somehow get a summary of time spent on the different
projects somehow.

In practice, I've found I don't really seem to care about getting the
time spent on anything other than the primary project I link to, but I
can certainly see the need to do so in the future.  However, when I
create a task with planner-multi, the first link is always the day
page the task is assigned to (usually whatever page (planner-today)
returns).  As a result, unless I manually change the link list to not
have today's day page link as the first one, I clock time against a
project of today's page, which is not at all what I want :)

For example, I have a planner-cyclic entry in my diary file of:

 Tuesday #B0 _ @11:00-13:00 Server Meeting (ServerMeetings Meetings)

When this gets added to my day page, I see:

  #B4  _ @11:00-13:00 Server Meeting from 2005.11.22 {{Tasks:946}} \
   (2005.11.22 ServerMeetings Meetings)

Ideally, at least IMO, this should show up as:

  #B4  _ @11:00-13:00 Server Meeting from 2005.11.22 {{Tasks:946}} \
   (ServerMeetings Meetings 2005.11.22)

Is this a settable feature?  If not, can it be, or, can someone help
me figure out how to change it for my own use?

Thanks,
--

Seeya,
Paul