[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Reading Gmail with Gnus and Tagging within Emac

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Reading Gmail with Gnus and Tagging within EmacsWiki
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 16:26:28 -0500

Proactive <address@hidden> writes:

Hi there! =)

> I am a relatively new user of emacs wiki and have completely fallen in love
> with it for implementing GTD.

Totally awesome. =) Welcome to the club! Search the archives for more tips from
GTDers.

> Currently in the process of switching to using Gnus for email
> (reading it from gmail). I would appreciate if anyone could give me

Gnus is good. my.gnus.org has a few tips, and http://www.emacswiki.org
is also a great resource.

> a few pointers on how to get this setup. I would also be grateful if
> someone could let me know how to link a note+task+schedule(diary
> entry)+email messages. In my research I have to keep track of so

Load planner-gnus.el and set up remember-planner too and that'll take
care of the notes/tasks/e-mail connection. You can use M-x
planner-annotation-as-kill to put a link to the current buffer in the
clipboard, or you can just go ahead and create a task (M-x
planner-create-task-from-buffer) or note (M-x remember). For best
results, bind those commands to keyboard shortcuts. <grin>

> many of these different pieces that such a linking becomes vital for
> keeping information in context and also pulling it up quickly.

Totally. =) I love being able to create hyperlinks to mail messages!

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source, free software geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, public speaking